TS 16949 is the International Quality Management Standard specifically written by the Automotive Industry. ISO/TS 16949:2002 is an ISO Technical Specification which aligns existing US, German, French and Italian automotive quality system standards within the global automotive industry. ISO/TS 16949:2002 specifies the quality system requirements for the design/ development, production, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. ISO/TS 16949:2009, based on the eight quality management principle, specifies the quality system requirements for the design/ development, production, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. It also creates an implementation framework for customer specific requirements, and includes clear requirements for development processes, and techniques to prevent problems in the earliest possible stage of product development.
Benefits of TS 16949 Certification
- Provide & enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction, which in turn can lead to increased
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier - certification is recognized and accepted
throughout the automotive supply chain as an industry benchmark
- Commercial advantage confirming your efficiency and guaranteeing the quality of your
processes and their development.
- Common language to improve understanding of quality requirements hence reducing confusion
- Ensures your products and services effectively meet customer specific requirements
- Ensuring mistake proffering mechanism for prevention of defects in earlier stage.
- Reduction in variation of quality & Increased efficiency of production
- Provide frame work to measure your progress towards continual improvement of business
performance creating a benchmark
- Helps improve your organizational performance